The college gas one 56 seated hostel for men students called “The Braja Mohan Praharaj Hostel”. The hostel is named after the late Braja Mohan Praharaj of Markandapur, Jajpur, the principal donor. There is another hostel for women students providing accommodation for 220 boarders.
Application for admission to the hostel should be made to the Principal, N.C. College, Jajpur after taking admission.
Students living in the hostel shall be considered to be under the direct control of the Principal not only during college hours but at all other times during the term.
1. The Residence Committee is constituted of the following members of the staff for deciding principles for hostels admission and other important matters.
b. Superintendents of hostels
c. Administrative Bursar
d. Accounts Bursar
The senior-most superintendent will act as the convener.
- Seats will be allotted to students by the superintendent for a period of 2years (P.G. students) and 3 years (Degree students).
- The Superintendent may permit a student to live ion the hostel temporarily for not more than forty eight hours. Temporary residence for a longer period will required the sanction of the Principal.
- No Boarder shall leave the hostel unless he/she obtains the permission of the Principal. An application for the purpose shall be made through the superintendents the hostel who will ascertain that all dues of the hostel have been paid and that no damage to hostel property has been done by the boarder before forwarding the application with a clearance certificate. In case of minor the application shall be made by the parents guardian.
- If a boarder wishes to return to the hostel after the Summer Vacation he must inform the Superintendent of it in writing before he/she leaves the hostel at the time of vacation. Ordinarily no one who fails to secure a good conduct certificate from the Superintendent will be readmitted.
- (a) The hostel remains closed during the Puja and Summer Vacation. Boarders wishing to remain in the hostel during the Puja must receive special permission to do so.
- The Superintendent should submit to the Principal a report on repairing work to be undertaken during the Summer Vacation one day prior to the Commencement of the vacation.
- (a) Beds, chairs, cooking utensils will be supplied by the hostel. Boarders will be responsible for the furniture supplied to them and will be required to make good an willful damage.
- The Superintendent is required to conduct an annual check of the stock of hostel furniture and other articles and a report to that effect will have to be submitted to the Principal one day prior to the commencement of the summer vacation.
The internal management of the hostel will rest with the superintendent.
- The roll call will be taken at least once daily at a time specified by the superintendent.
- There will be fixed hours both in the morning and in the evening for study and for meals. No boarder shall ordinarily be allowed to leave his room during study hours.
- No boarder shall be absent from the hostel after 11pm when the lights will be put out. The superintendent will be responsible for the maintenance of order and discipline in the hostel. He has power to punish boarders for breach of discipline. All cases of gross misconduct must be reported to the principal.
- The principal will be considered breach of discipline:
- Absence from the hostel without leave.
- Continued neglect of study.
- Want of cleanliness in the rooms.
- Spitting about the rooms and verandahs.
- Singing or playing a musical instrument except during specified hours.
- Too loud noisy behaviour.
- Frequent absence from the hostel during night rollcall.
- Use of intoxicant and gambling of any sort.
- Writing on or in any other way disfiguring the wall, doors on windows of the building.
- Holding meeting in the hostel without the approval of the superintendent.
- Misconduct of any other nature.
- Introduction of unauthorized person.
- The superintendent will keep a Conduct Register in which names of boarders will be entered in cases of serious misconduct. Gross misconduct on the part of a boarder shall render him liable to have his name entered in the Conduct Register of the College.
- If a boarder absents himself from the hostel between nightfall and 6 a.m. he must give satisfactory reasons for such absence. If he fails to do so he will he liable to expulsion from the hostel.
- A student may be removed from the hostel by the Principal on the report of the Superintendent for habitual or gross misconduct.
- Absence of leave will require the sanction of the superintendent.
- Father and natural guardians and other guests of boarders may be permitted with previous sanction to stay in the hostel for one night provides that the visit has reference to the interest and we fare of the boarders. Such permission shall need the sanction of the superintendent.
- The mess in the College Hostel will be seen by the hostel authorities with the assistance of Mess Committee. All boarders are members of the mess. The members of the mess will take their food in the dining room attached to the mess. Meals will not be served in the rooms of boarders.
- The mess dues will be collected by the hostel Offices within the first week of every month. If the dues of any month are not paid with in the above period, a late payment of 50 paise per day will be charges. If the dues are not paid by the end of the month the name of the defaulters will be reported to the Principal. All collections will be made only on certain dates to be fixed by the superintendent. Collection of mess dues will be made b a part-time clerk on fixed date and the clerk will deposit the amount with the hostel superintendent. A boarder must pay the full establishment charge for the month.
The mess affairs will be managed by the mess Committee which will consist of the Superintendent and the mess representatives. The mess representatives will be elected by the members of mess of the Committee may be vetoed by the superintendent. The day-to-day affairs of the mess shall be looked after by the Asst. superintendent.
The mess representatives are responsible for the quality of food prepared in the mess and they will guide the mess manager as to the kind of relations to be supplied. Boarders are permitted to entertain guest on payment of charges to be determined by the Mess committee. Boarders who bring in guests are responsible for the conduct of the guests. A boarder wishing to entertain a guest must inform the mess manager well in time to enable the meals to be cooked.
Boarders are not permitted to take any direct action against any cook or servant. All complaints should be brought to the notice of the superintendent.